Top 5 Tips to Improve Your Online Reputation

By Jackson Williams Potential clients and referrals will most likely connect with you online before moving forward with you in a business relationship. To ensure that your online presence is complete and positive, follow these tips to take the right step toward the ideal online reputation. The more results that show up when people Google you, the better. You want a complete portfolio with links that lead to positive information on all fronts. All the steps below will contribute to this full picture as well as a positive boost in your brand's SEO. No. 1 – Create a website for your team or for your personal real estate business. Every successful REALTOR® needs a webpage to promote on their business cards and other marketing efforts. This page should be the first impression of your business to potential clients. There are several different approaches to creating your site from using a pre-created one, to a template and customized websites. Companies like Wordpress and Squarespace will allow you to create a simple, user-friendly site that connects you to potential clients. Make sure the site you create is mobile responsive as a growing percentage of users search for services on smartphones. This website can also double as a blog. No. 2 – Create content (including video). To make sure your website engages potential customers, maintain and update a blog on your website. It should be a mix of information about your business – a monthly profile of a team member, for example – and updates and insights into the real estate industry. If you educate your potential customer before they even sit down with you, you’re already providing a benefit. Even better, create educational videos that you post to YouTube and connect to your website. Many people prefer watching a short clip to reading an article. In addition to connecting with potential customers in their preferred medium, you’ll be branding yourself by connecting with them – they can see you, hear you, watch your body language. The words we use are only 10 percent of communication. Use video to capitalize on the other 90 percent. No. 3 – Add yourself to all directories. Zilliow, Trulia and Yelp are some of the top Google results to pop up when users look for “the best REALTOR®,” so make sure your name is on those directories. Be sure to add an updated photo and all contact information. The information on this site for your phone number and address should be formatted the same as on all other platforms, this will ensure that Google views them all as the same and ranks the information as correct. No. 4 – Utilize social media. You have a business, one that your connections are interested in seeing succeed. As such, leverage your social media sites to connect with potential customers and to stay in touch with past clients. To keep the separation between business and personal, create a separate page for your business on sites like Twitter and Facebook. Share the information you post on your blog or website to your page, updates about your business, etc. Remember to match the “culture” of the social media site. The content posted to LinkedIn (and the audience) is vastly different than your ideal content on Facebook. And, more importantly, be sure to keep all sites updated and current. No. 5 – Submit articles and quotes. Another way to ensure your name (your brand) is reaching a wider audience is to submit op-eds and articles to local magazines and newspapers. Also, put yourself forward as a quotable source to local journalists, radio and television news. When they have a real estate article, they can turn to you for quotes about the market and the industry as a whole. In addition to getting your name in the hands of your target market, you will be positioned as an expert to those who read the articles. Link these articles to your website in press releases or a media section

By Jackson Williams

Potential clients and referrals will most likely connect with you online before moving forward with you in a business relationship. To ensure that your online presence is complete and positive, follow these tips to take the right step toward the ideal online reputation. The more results that show up when people Google you, the better. You want a complete portfolio with links that lead to positive information on all fronts. All the steps below will contribute to this full picture as well as a positive boost in your brand’s SEO.

No. 1 – Create a website for your team or for your personal real estate business.

Every successful REALTOR® needs a webpage to promote on their business cards and other marketing efforts. This page should be the first impression of your business to potential clients. There are several different approaches to creating your site from using a pre-created one, to a template and customized websites. Companies like WordPress and Squarespace will allow you to create a simple, user-friendly site that connects you to potential clients. Make sure the site you create is mobile responsive as a growing percentage of users search for services on smartphones. This website can also double as a blog.

No. 2 – Create content (including video).

To make sure your website engages potential customers, maintain and update a blog on your website. It should be a mix of information about your business – a monthly profile of a team member, for example – and updates and insights into the real estate industry. If you educate your potential customer before they even sit down with you, you’re already providing a benefit. Even better, create educational videos that you post to YouTube and connect to your website. Many people prefer watching a short clip to reading an article. In addition to connecting with potential customers in their preferred medium, you’ll be branding yourself by connecting with them – they can see you, hear you, watch your body language. The words we use are only 10 percent of communication. Use video to capitalize on the other 90 percent.

No. 3 – Add yourself to all directories.

Zilliow, Trulia and Yelp are some of the top Google results to pop up when users look for “the best REALTOR®,” so make sure your name is on those directories. Be sure to add an updated photo and all contact information. The information on this site for your phone number and address should be formatted the same as on all other platforms, this will ensure that Google views them all as the same and ranks the information as correct.

No. 4 – Utilize social media.

You have a business, one that your connections are interested in seeing succeed. As such, leverage your social media sites to connect with potential customers and to stay in touch with past clients. To keep the separation between business and personal, create a separate page for your business on sites like Twitter and Facebook. Share the information you post on your blog or website to your page, updates about your business, etc. Remember to match the “culture” of the social media site. The content posted to LinkedIn (and the audience) is vastly different than your ideal content on Facebook. And, more importantly, be sure to keep all sites updated and current.

No. 5 – Submit articles and quotes.

Another way to ensure your name (your brand) is reaching a wider audience is to submit op-eds and articles to local magazines and newspapers. Also, put yourself forward as a quotable source to local journalists, radio and television news. When they have a real estate article, they can turn to you for quotes about the market and the industry as a whole. In addition to getting your name in the hands of your target market, you will be positioned as an expert to those who read the articles. Link these articles to your website in press releases or a media section.